Thursdays are one of my favorite days, the upcoming weekend gets me in a mood to plan fun activities for us! Below I've listed some of my favorite spring cool down locations near the central Florida area. If you've ever visited them, let me know in the comments below!
FOR A LAIDBACK TIME
- DE LEON SPRINGS- tip* Bring floats so you dont have to doggie paddle the entire time(there is no edge like in a pool)
- Rock Springs- one of our fave places to hike and then cool off after
- The Devils Den- a must see bucket list place
- Rainbow springs-Def book a camp site and stay over night a few nights so you can really take advantage of the empty springs first thing in the morning or right before close.
FOR A FANCY TIME
- The Don Cesar- you can stay int he hotel and have access to all the amenities or reserve a day pass for the beach and utilize the pool, cabana and beach front shoreline.
- Anna Maria Island(my hometown beach)- you are going to want to book an airbnb for a night to avoid the causeway traffic. in the summer on weekends it can take up to two hours to get from the mianland to the beach( not including your original drive time) avoid the headache and wake up at 6am or stay on the island itself. The visit The Sandbar Restaurant, and mention my name to the manager ;)
FOR A KID FREE ZONE
- Breakers on NSB- have a cocktail or 3 and then hang by the beach. This is more of a bar than restaurant, I have seen kids there but there are more people drinking than eating if you know what I mean ;)
- Postcard Inn in StPete Beach- if you have never experienced St Pete beach in College, just imagine PostCard inn on a Saturday, bloody mary's, mimosas, live dj ON the beach, pool access, wrist band required. This is the place to be for a kid free weekend when you want to mix and mingle with the locals. Think Miami's Nikki Beach!